Hurricane Preparedness - 36 Hours Before The Storm
Posted by Diane Parker on Monday, September 10, 2018 at 4:27 PM By Diane Parker / September 10, 2018 Comment
Tips Before The Hurricane Arrives - 36 Hours Before
- Get the latest weather and emergency updates.
- Plan how to communicate with family should you lose power. During storms, text messages are usually faster than making phone calls because phone lines often become overloaded.
- Be sure your hurricane preparedness kit includes foot and water for at least 3 days, flashlight, batteries, cash, medication, and first aid supplies.
- Know your evacuation route and shelter locations. Plan ahead.
- Make sure your car has a full tank of gas. Stock your vehicle with emergency supplies.